DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
This Statement is made by us in light of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, and our responsibilities as your “Data Controller”.
For more information, click About Us.
Please read this page carefully. If you do not agree with the contents of this Statement, do not submit any Personal Data to us.
Any reference to “Personal Data” shall mean any personal information (including sensitive personal data) that is capable of identifying you. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail addresses and credit card or bank account details.
If you have any query about this Statement, please contact our data protection compliance officer, whose details are recorded below;
- Hothouse Productions
- 11 Delaford Street, London, SW6 7LT
- Tel: +44 (0) 207 386 8343
- Fax: +44 (0) 207 610 3701
- E-Mail: email@example.com
By accessing this Website, you shall be regarded as having had sufficient notice of the contents of this Statement. Your use of this Website and your submission of any Personal Data to us, shall constitute your consent to allow us to process your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Statement.
If you have submitted your Personal Data, and later decide that you would like us to discontinue processing your Personal Data, you can choose to “opt-out”.
To opt-out, please send an electronic mail headed "OPT-OUT" to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the processing activities you would like us to refrain from. Upon receipt of a written opt-out, we shall discontinue processing your Personal Data as requested.
We have notified/registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner, our intention to process your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Details of our notification/registration, are available for inspection at the website address http://www.dpr.gov.uk/, the respective registration number being [TBA].
INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE COLLECTED
Personal Data may be requested by us, or voluntarily forwarded by you through one of several electronic mail hypertext links, present in the body of this Website.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
We shall not request, collect or process any Personal Data of a sensitive nature from you, without first obtaining your express written consent.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data collected by us from you, may be utilised by us to:
- process your orders and payments;
- fulfil your order and administer your account;
- pass information about you to our agents and employees to carry out services for us;
- notify you about enhancements to our services such as; functionality changes to the website, new services and special features, and offers or competitions we think you will find interesting;
- run any prize draw or competition you have entered;
- market our products and services and those of any third parties;
- contact you by mail, telephone, email, text message, or any other reasonable method.
DISCLOSURE AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
If you have opted in to allow us to use your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, we may:
- disclose your Personal Data to carefully selected third parties and organisations for marketing purposes. They may inform you (by e-mail or in writing) of the products and services which they may offer from time to time;
- allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you for the purpose of providing services you have asked for;
- as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
We may also disclose Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith and belief that such action is necessary to:
- confirm to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our the rights or property;
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of other users of the Website or the public.
Sometimes we may need to transfer your Personal Data to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom. If we do need to make such a transfer, then we shall put a contract in place so as to ensure that the Personal Data is adequately protected.
We always takes appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal Data we holds from unauthorised access or improper use.
We operate appropriate secure socket layer technologies within our website, together with a strict internal security policy with which our employees must comply as a condition of their employment with us.
Any enquiries regarding this policy must be directed in writing for the attention of our data protection compliance officer.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to request details of your Personal Data held or processed by us.
Please send such requests in writing to the address above, marked for the attention of the Data Protection Compliance Officer. Any request must be accompanied by the statutory administration fee of ?10.00.
If you believe that any information held by us is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete, the you must write without delay to our Data Protection Compliance Officer, highlighting the corrective action to be taken. If any information is found to be incorrect, it shall be corrected promptly.